Portfolio

Friday, January 29, 2010

Giant Chicken Nuggets.

I had a great morning... until I got the boys to school and realize that their lunch boxes are not with us. They are conveniently still in the fridge, 12 miles away. So I drove back to Zach's school to inform him that he would need to get a lunch from the cafeteria. Then I went to the grocery store, and purchased some stuff for Kyle's lunch.
Phew, crisis averted.
After I got home, I was excited to ask him how their day had been. How did Zach do on his spelling test... How did he like his cafeteria lunch... all the important stuff a mom needs to know. I looked at the menu, and discovered he had 'breaded chicken sandwiches on a roll' today. So still trying to get him engaged into my witty conversation, I asked "Did you eat your chicken sandwich today?" He looked at me like I had just spoke in a foreign language.
"Mom, we had a giant chicken nugget on a piece of bread today."
Ummm... yeah. We all started cracking up... and then he said "I'm very serious Mom, and that's just rude."
I guess we're not supposed to laugh at giant chicken nuggets because it's just rude.
(So, take my advice... and don't even giggle at the cute penguin on his head.)

No comments:

Post a Comment